Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Three Year Old's Prayers

The North/South Korea thing is all over the news here, but still regular people are not talking about it. Yesterday I went to the Wednesday night service at the church and it was awesome. It was pretty much 2 1/2 hours of talking about the tension between N. Korea and praying that there would be peace. I have never been a part of something like that before. People were shouting their prayers, declaring peace in the name of Jesus. So far, there has been no escalation of Tuesday's attacks. China (N. Korea's ally) strongly encourages them to stop attacks because it will be bad for Asian business and economy. The U.S. strongly discourages the attacks as well. So, it looks like things will stop here because no one wants them to attack. The theory is that the new N. Korean president is only trying to show off his military and show people that he is as powerful as his father was. I am reminded that I was sent to S. Korea for a reason, and it is no accident that I am here now. If things turn into war, I suppose I will need to head home, but that is not likely.

Also, Sara Luke Facebooked me today to say, "During Jack's afternoon snack we started playing this game with his goldfish. I put a cracker on every state or country and when Jack gets it right he can eat the cracker....Today Jack showed me where South Korea was. When I asked who was there he said, " Sara Hornback and she misses me very much."

Sara Luke also said that Jack has added me to his bedtime prayer list. She says that Jack prays with complete confidence. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Mallary said...

Thanks for the update. I was worried about you in South Korea. And hoping China would give some good advice to NK.