Monday, November 1, 2010

Day One Down

Well, it's been a long day to say the least. I left Dexter this morning Oct 31 at 2:30 Am and just arrived about an hour ago in Seoul at 9:00 PM on Nov 1. I enjoy flying, but I got SO antsy on the plane. It's such a long time to sit still. I met a lot of interesting people along the way. As most of you know, I like to strike up conversations with strangers :) At the Chicago airport an 8 year old Indian boy plopped down next to me because he wanted to practice his English. At the LA airport, I talked with a couple who was headed to a city in China that I'd been to.
On the way to Seoul I was fed Korean food. Good news, I like kimchi, picked cabbage. The bad news is that the dried minos were not good at all!
When I finally got to the hotel, no one was here to meet me, so I just went in by myself. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to turn on the lights, cause everything here is super high tech...and in Korean! I was quite proud of myself for figuring it out! There is a computer in the hotel room so that is what I am using to type. I couldn't figure out how to turn off the Korean characters and just type regular, but I think I figured that out too.
Two of the supervisors and one of the teachers took me to a bakery just a while ago. It was nice to meet them before tomorrow. Well, I'm headed to bed...
Man, I have a lot to learn! Tomorrow's my first day on the job and I have no idea what to expect!

No comments: