Saturday, November 6, 2010

E- Mart

I got to move into my apartment today! This morning I packed up everything into my two suitcases and moved out of the hotel. All I had to do was cross the street to go to my apartment, but that was a job, let me tell you! One of my suitcases is huge and heavy and I didn't exactly have the best control of it going across the street. People were definitely starring as this white girl goes across the road with her out of control suitcases! It's so nice to be all moved in. So far it had felt like I was only on vacation, but now it's starting to feel like a home.

Two of the other teachers took me to Itaewon today, which is the foreigner district of Seoul. It was nice to see some American faces and hear English going down the sidewalk. We had to take the subway to get there, so now I have a good handle on the Subway. I came back by myself.

Then...I went to the grocery store. It is called E-mart and is pretty much the same as a Wal-mart. I don't think I'll be going back on a Saturday again! It was incredibly busy. It was hard to know what to buy, so I just looked at the pictures and guessed. I think I got everything I wanted though!

E-mart is probably about 3/4 mile- 1mile walk from my apartment. So here I came trekking out of E-mart, arms full of paper grocery bags. That walk seemed a lot longer going back than it did going! Instead of lifting weights, I can just go to the grocery store :) I didn't want to drop the bags, so I walked back so fast that I got a side cramp. Haha, I think I need to find a better system.

Tomorrow I will try a church. I'm interested to see how Korean churches are different from
American ones.

I will try to do a video tour of my apartment soon!

4 comments:

Katrina (Chocolate Lover) said...

Haha, oh Sara, you crack me up :)
I can't wait to see photos of your apartment!!!

sara Hornback said...

I'm just curious (because I'm sure I already know you) but who is Chocolate lover?

sara luke said...

Chocolate Lover is Katrina Lopez. :)

ANd I too and excited to see your apartment!

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Sara I love reading your blog! I go to it everyday and have to admit I feel a little let down when there isn't a new post. I so admire the courage you have. Can't wait to see pics. Take care!!