Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A cup of coffee

Today I was walking back from lunch and I came to an intersection. A woman had a tray of cups and offered me one. I thought she was trying to sell me something, so I almost told her no. Then proceeded to tell me the different kinds of drinks on her tray. The only one she said in English was coffee, so I took that one. Then she handed me a small booklet. She started pointing towards a building. After she realized I had no idea what she was saying, she called over an Indian man (who was with her) to translate. It turns out, this was a church group evangelizing. They had give me a gospel tract and were pointing me towards their church.

It was eye opening to me to be evangelized to by a Korean and an Indian. They didn't know I am already a Christian. As Americans we think that we are the only ones evangelizing and sending out missionaries, but there are actually more Korean missionaries in the world than Americans! It gave me hope for today :)

No comments: