Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Erin's neck is sick...

Yesterday my students said two things that I thought were funny. Erin, one of my kindergarteners kept telling me that her neck was hot. Finally she exclaimed, "Sara Teacher, my neck is sick!"

We were reviewing before a test yesterday and the word they were supposed to know was "toes." I asked them to use toes in a sentence. After a few wrong guesses, one kids said, "Oh, oh, I know!! My toe is dirty." Oh man, for some reason I just thought that was hilarlious! I could not stop laughing. Of course they didn't think it was funny, so they just looked at me like I was crazy.

I bought a Christmas tree yesterday! I found one at a really cheap store for $5! I have never been more excited about a tree. I went with two other girls. They bought one too. So here we went down the street with three Christmas trees in a culture where they don't even really get Christmas trees. We got quite a few stares!

Yesterday I had one girl with a bloody nose in one class and one of my morning kindergarteners threw up while I was at lunch. When I walked in the room, it smelled like puke. I gagged. Ugh, gross. I sprayed about a whole can of Lysol in the room and then all the kids got headaches from the fumes! Whooops. Well, I guess that's better than me throwing up too!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Haha, I can imagine you walking into the room after seeing you in the bathroom this summer. :)

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Welcome to the office at Cornerstone!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.