Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Korean BBQ

Yesterday was a much better day! I was not so overwhelmed with all of the things I have to do with school. I am starting to get in a routine. I really do like all of the kids and the teachers are all being really nice. They keep reminding me that they were all once in my shoes too and they are more than willing to help! Good thing :)
Last night after school I went with a few of the teachers to a Korean BBQ restaurant. It was SOOOO good, and cheap too! Then they took me to the Walmart-type store to show me how to grocery shop here.
I got to see my apartment for the first time yesterday. It is bigger than I was imagining and it's actually pretty nice. I can't wait to move in and get out of my suitcase. Just a couple more days!
Today one of the supervisors will take me to the hospital to get a check-up, which sounds pretty intensive from what I hear. The hospital is right on my block. So close!
So, in my hotel room there is a really fancy bathroom. There is a heated toilet seat (yes, it's true!), a badet (not sure how to spell that), a jaccuzi and a shower head that is so big it feels like it's raining. Haha, I'm like a little kid exploring all of this. Too bad I'm getting spoiled now and will be down to the basics in my apartment this weekend. Oh well, it's fun to live large now!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Sara! I am so jealous you have a heated toilet seat!! :) Sounds like you are having fun. Saw your Mom today, she misses you already :) Hope you are doing well. Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers!! :) -Elizabeth Manly