Friday, January 28, 2011

Silent Night?

Yesterday I was in kind of a bad mood. I didn't even have a reason! Those of you that know me well, know that I am almost never in a bad mood, so I don't know what was going on...but anyway, throughout the morning at school I was just kind of doing my duty, but not really enjoying it. At lunch I decided I seriously needed to change my attitude.

My second class of the day, after lunch, is my second graders. This used to be my hardest class, but now it is the best. Since the school is closing, students are beginning to leave to go to other schools. Now in this class I only have 3 students...AND they're all girls! How fun! We finished our work really early, so we were just coloring (yes I was coloring too :)) All the sudden one girl busted out singing the Christmas Carol "Silent Night." At first I thought it was funny cause Chrismas has past. Then we all started singing. They were singing the words in Korean and I was singing the words in English. It was so cool. That was exactly what I needed to get out of the weird mood I'd been in all day. It is never too late for a good Christmas carol.

No comments: