Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grocery shopping should be a sport

I found a new grocery store today and I must say I had a lot of fun shopping. This store is much bigger and nicer than my old one. I was like a kid in a candy shop, "I'll take this, and this, and ooooh that looks good too!" This store had a lot more variety. I still can't read any of the labels, but at least there was more variety of things I don't know! Haha. I think I am becoming Korean. I am starting to buy Korean foods. I am trying to imitate the way the lunch lady at school cooks our school lunch. I even bought some kimchi today. Note to self- pre-packaged kimchi is not a good idea. It wasn't so good... Let's see what other adventures did I have at the store? Well, I found out that concord grapes are...different. Apparently you can't eat the skin, they have little seeds, and the middle is like a jelly bean and you can't bite into it. Bummer.

My dad thinks I used to be a bad influence on my mom at the grocery store because I always got her to buy new things. I like to try "new" things. He sees them as "weird." Well he's probably right, most of the new things I buy are gross, but then I know now to get them again! :)

I am in the process of making meatloaf. It's looks great in the new toaster oven that I got for Christmas! I made chocolate-peanut butter cookies in it last night. So for lunch I made Korean food and I'll have good old meat and potatoes for dinner. Man, cooking takes a lot of planning and time. Now I know why it took my mom an hour to make her grocery list every week!

I am starting to learn Korean today. I already learned the alphabet!

1 comment:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I'm glad you appreciate your mom. I'm like your dad. I hate to try new things where David loves it. I always spend to much money when Dave goes to the store with me.