Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My school is closing!

Well, my first day back in Seoul, I was told that my school is closing! What?! Talk about a shocker! So, I have to move to a completely new school (which is only about 15 minutes by subway) and move to a new apartment. Yes, this is REALLY unfortunate, but there is nothing I can do about it. At first I was really upset about it, but now I guess I've accepted it and I am trying to make the best of it. I am trying not to complain, because all of us teachers are in the same boat. Everyone at my school has to go to a new school and move apartments.

I think I am most unhappy about moving, because I have so many things to move. I have to move my bed, all of the furniture, dishes all of my food, clothes...ugh. That sounds awful! The apartment I am moving into will be 1/2 the size and just has a nozel attached to the sink for a shower. I am just having a hard time getting excited...

At least I get to go with one of the other teachers from my school. She is the one I am closest with, so it worked out well! It stinks to have to start all over getting to know all the teachers at the new school, getting to know the area, and school and everything, but I guess it won't take too long to get acclimated. At least I have a job.

It's confusing because I know God told me to take this exact job, and now my school is closing! How is that possible? I guess God knew all along this was going to happen and I know it will all work out for the best. Maybe this school will be even better! I must have a good attitude about it. I'll write back when I have more info.

2 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I'll be praying for you Sara. I talked to your mom yesterday about it. It will all work out! Hopefully you will find some help to move your big stuff. I'm glad you made it back safe!

Katrina (Chocolate Lover) said...

Aw! Well, maybe God used the last school to get you ready for this new school? Who knows.
I'm praying Sara, can't wait to hear more about your next adventure!