Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just 5 girls playing dress up





Well, today was just an ordinary day in a wedding dress. What!? Don't worry I didn't get married! Before you roll your eyes and laugh (like I did when I first heard we were doing this) I must say that this is a popular thing in Korea! People go to this cafe and pay to dress up in wedding dresses. Kinda weird I know, but actually really fun. It's fun to dress up and be really girly every once in a while. How the Korean girls get their boyfriends to agree to doing this is beyond me, but four of my co-workers and I went for the afternoon. They did my makeup and everything! The poor lady helping me fit into the dress practically had to stuff me in because I am certainly not the size of a Korean girl. We all laughed and laughed. What a strange concept...
Last night I went to meet Angie for dinner. She leaves in about a month :( We went to the Outback! So expensive here, but it is worth it to splurge once in a while. Then we went to Coldstone. A night of Amerian food!
Today I went to my first Korean class at the church. My friend and co-worker Clara came with me, which was awesome. Our teacher was really cool and the class was a lot of fun! I realized this was the first time I had studied since college. I kind of miss learning. I even have some homework! I think I will really get a lot out of this class :)
What a weekend!


3 comments:

Katrina (Chocolate Lover) said...

How FUN! Haha, it is strange, but what a fun activity to do with the girls!
Thanks for updating this often Sara, it's so great to hear from you.

Sara Andrews said...

Thanks for reading!

Mallary said...

You look good in a white dress!