Friday, July 17, 2009

Tibetan Dance

Last night at dinner a girl next to me asked me about the love chapter in 1 Corinithians 4. She had heard the passage that morning in the motivational time, but she didn't know where to find it. She said that she liked it so much that she tried to remember all of the words, but she forgot some. She asked if I would be able to help her find the words. During training we were given a Chinese/English Bible as a souvenier. I told her I would go get it. When I brought it back, she was so interested in what it had to say. She was thrilled when I asked her if she wanted to keep it. She said, "I will read every word very carefully!" She's not a Christian, but maybe if she reads the Bible she will have more questions. God can use small things just as easily as he uses big ones.
After all of the evening activities were over, I was standing outside and I heard singing and laughing coming from the basketball court. There were about 20 students singing and dancing in a circle. It was the coolest thing. All of these students were from the Tibetan region, and they were doing a traditional Tibetan dance! I tried to get it on video, but it was too dark. They asked me if I wanted to learn. Why not! How often in your life do you get to do a tribal dance? I'm sure a young white girl looked pretty funny attempting this Chinese dance. It was fun! They said that at home, their whole village gathers in a circle and dances around the fire on special occassions. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Sara I just want to let you know how much I am enjoying your blog.