Saturday, July 4, 2009

Olympic Training!

Today I went running with one of the other girls and guess what we stumbled upon... Well, we saw this really pretty campus, so we decided to run through it. We first saw many teams all training for something. Then we started to wonder, because each team had on jerseys that said China on the back. Then we saw a huge building that said Olympic Training College! We were on the campus where all the Olympians train! It was so cool. There was a lot of military training going on there too. All of these reasons were why the people were up so early training for their sports. So, me and my friend went on the Olympic training track and ran a lap with the trainees! I'm sure that they were wondering what we were doing there, but the gates were open, so we went in!
Happy Fourth of July! I guess it doesn't really mean much in China. We are really doing anything to celebrate it. No fireworks here.
I am getting much better at using chop sticks! We eat with them at every meal, so you kind of have to learn to use them. No forks in China. I've been trying pretty interesting foods. There are a lot of really cool drinks. My favorite drink in the cafeteria is Sour Apple pop. I ate duck the other day. That was pretty good.
That's it for now :)

No comments: