Sunday, December 5, 2010

The time I made cookies in a frying pan...

This weekend I wanted to do some baking. I don't have an oven, so my options are limited. I thought pudding would be easy enough to make. Well, not exactly. I couldn't find vanilla anywhere in the store. I searched forever trying to find it. Finally I gave up, trying to think of a substitute. I made a bad choice, maple syrup. Why I chose syrup, I don't know. The pudding was not good and it tasted like (believe it or not) syrup. Yuck.

I have also been in search of powdered sugar to make french toast. I bought what I thought was powdered sugar. It said vanilla on the package, but I just thought that was the korean way of saying powered sugar. It sure looked like it. I made my french toast, piled on the "powered sugar" and sat down, so excited to eat. It was not powered sugar. It tasted like flour all over my french toast. Yuck again.

Tonight on the way home from church, I stopped by this tiny little convience store to buy a snack. I looked around and I found vanilla AND powered sugar! Who would have thought that I couldn't find them at the supermarket, yet I found it at a hole in the wall convience store! I also bought a cookie mix.

I had this great idea to make cookies in my skillet. Well it turned out to be not such a good idea. I guess it says put them in the OVEN for a reason. I burnt up the cookie dough and now it smells like smoke in here...bummer. But, I salvaged some of the dough to save for later!

I've been thinking a lot about the big things in life lately. The moral of my cookie story is that if God cares enough about the details in my life to help find vanilla and powdered sugar, He'll take care of the big things in my life all the more!

3 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I say just have mom send you some cookies!! Cookie dough is always fun to eat. Too bad you couldn't find a little toaster oven. That would do the trick. I guess you'll just have to make another trip to walmart or a trip to Amazon.com :) I can't imagine going a year without homemade cookies. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas if I don't write to you before then. Thanks for keeping the blog. I love to hear about your adventures.

Daniel said...

Can I use your story in another story?

sara Hornback said...

Vicki, I think I will buy a little toaster oven with Christmas money. I found one pretty cheap! Merry Christmas to you too :)

Daniel, sure you can use my story!