Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's for YOU!

Yes, you're probably wondering what this is.  I too, wondered what the little girl was giving me as she walked into the classroom.  Beaming, she said, "Miss Hornback, it's for YOU!"  I did the ever so subtle, "Ohhhh!  What is it?"  She informed me it was a brownie that she had made with her dad the night before.  It was very thoughtful of her to make me something, but I think she put a little less thought in the way it ended up in the bottom of her backpack :)  She told me I could eat it at snack time!  I told her I would "save" it for lunch instead.  She was so proud that she'd made it just for me!

I set in on my desk, careful not to let the smushed choclate touch anything else.  As one little boy came up to sharpen his pencil, he spotted the mysterious brown mush in the foil:

Student: "What IS that?"
Me:  "It's a brownie that someone made for me."
Student:  "When did she make it?"
Me:  "I don't know."
Student:  "I think maybe she made it last year."

Haha, I'm afraid it would look a little worse after a year!

No comments: