Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Two Tickets

I was reminded today that it is only 67 days until I go home for Christmas!! I had a dream last night that I drove for the first time again.... It's been almost a year since I've driven...watch out!

Before I go home in February, I wanted to plan a week-long mission trip in Asia. I'd looked into a few things, but I didn't know how to go about it since I'll just be by myself. I didn't have any connections.......until two Sundays ago. I met a friend's old pastor, who is now a missionary in Thailand with his family. After some small talk, I found out that he owns an orphange in Thailand. It's the same orphanage that many of my friends at my church have been to, multiple times! I'd always wanted to go there! As I talked to him more about it, I asked if he would take a visitor for a week. After talking with him for 30 or 45 minutes, I decided this was the place. He told me he could pick me up at the airport, he'd let me stay with his family, he'd show me many of the different ministries in the area and he'd have me visit the orphanage for a few days! Wow, perfect! It just fell in my lap. Before coming to Korea, I had no idea where Thailand was.







So first on the radar is home for Christmas, then Thailand the first week of March, and then HOME :)


Next week is my one year mark. I cannot believe it's already been a year since I came to Korea! I really think it's going to be mixed feelings when I leave. I think I will miss Korea a lot. After all, it was my first job and first apartment. Strangely enough, this is where I made my first home. Yet, as it gets closer and closer I'm so excited to go home.


Today we started preparing a presentation for my 2nd grade class. The topic was, "My Hero." Most of the students chose superman, mom, dad, the president...but then one chose Jesus. He was pretty stumped though when he got to the question, "What is your hero's job?" Hmmmm, good question. :)

No comments: