Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Painting

On the street this afternoon..


I guess I should've gotten a folding bike like this to take into my apartment at night so both wouldn't have gotten stolen...
Street food is everywhere. For some reason all the brooms only have about a foot long handle.






My Korean class is down to two students now, which is actually kind of fun. Our teacher invited us to go out for coffee after class today. It was fun because it was just the three of us speaking half English and half Korean! So fun!


Last week my I was trying to teach my 6 year olds how to use past tense. They just weren't getting it, so I used Korean to teach them English. Fortunately I am just learning that in Korean! "Teacher speaking Koreeeeaaan!!!" I only said a little bit but I think I'll just let them think I know more than I really do ;)


Then I went to Insadong to do some Christmas shopping. I bought a little painting with 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 on it for someone else, but I'd been wanting to have the street painter paint something in front of me. I took the bought painting and asked him if he'd copy it with the verse. He said yes!


This is when he first started....
Then I didn't realize he needed to take it over to the next guy, to do the calligraphy. The calligrapher seemed to be busy though, so he wasn't too inclined to do this guy a favor. They started arguing (or maybe that's just the way Korean men sound) :) He agreed to do it.
Finishing touches...




All the Koreans were amazed by this "big" dog. All the city dogs are tiny lap dogs.



No comments: