Monday, October 10, 2011

Open Class

Last week, I had to do my first open class. This is when all of the kindergarten students' parents come and watch me teach their kids a lesson. Take about nerve wracking! I'm on video all day long anyway, but it's different when the parents are in the classroom! It was supposed to be a "typical" class, but we had to practice multiple times the weeks before, to make this class perfect. We even had to sing and dance! Oh boy, the things that are done at a private school to get the parents approval... So interesting. I tried to not get frustrated with the whole situation. This past weekend I was so tired and just felt so mentally and physically exhausted. I had been getting plenty of sleep, but I was still just exhausted. I think it was my bad attitude about the open class last week, that was affecting my body. Anyway, the open class went well and the parents were happy, which means my supervisors were happy :) I'm just glad it's over!

I have a new kindergartener as of today. He was so cute and nervous today! He seemed to think the day was pretty long, because he kept saying, "Teacher, math, science, show and tell and then home time?" He has no English name, so I'm stuggling to pronouce his Korean name, Haesol. It kind of comes out like Hazel, like the nut...I'll keep trying.

No comments: