Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nanta

Well, the monsoon rainy season has already started. It changes depending on the person, but I heard that it will rain for 6 weeks straight... It started this Wednesday and it hasn't stopped once yet :( I asked a coffee shop owner when she thought the monsoon would start. I laughed, when she said in her broken English, "Two days later." Well, I'm not laughing any more. She was exactly right!

This Saturday night I went to a show called , Nanta, with my friend. It was awesome! It was a "cooking" show, but the performers used the kitchen utensils as percussion instruments. Being a drummer all through school, I loved it! I think I'll take my parents to see it too when they come.

I took a taxi to meet my friend for dinner before the show. I thought a taxi would be faster than the subway, since I only had an hour to get there. There happened to be a car accident on one of the bridges, so I was in the taxi for a LONG time. It was stop and go traffic for about an hour. I don't usually get carsick, but let's just say I started to panic. Here I was in a taxi, stomach churning, about to get sick in the car! It was raining hard, but I didn't care, I opened the window and took some deep breaths. As the rain was pouring in my window, I was praying hard! Haha! "Please don't let me get sick in the taxi!" Thankfully it passed. Whew, that could have been really bad!!

At playtime, the kids like to play different things. I always hear the girls say, "I want to be the Big Mom." I'm not really sure what a "big mom" is, but I don't ask questions... :) Does that mean there's a "small mom"? Anyway, they've been on this kick during playtime where they like to pretend that someone died! It sounds strange I know, and really it is. On Friday, as I was grading some homework I heard one of the girls say, "At playtime I want to be the big mom and I died." Haha! What does that even mean? It made me laugh!

No comments: