Friday, June 3, 2011

Little People- Big hearts

Wow, it was quite the week. I am so glad this week is over. It was a crazy week because of all of the things going on at school. I was feeling pretty swamped with work, but I think the worst of it is over. I had parent-teacher conferences today. I was worried about them, so I'm glad they went well. It was actually really fun to meet the parents because I learned so much about the kids. I found out that I understand the kids a lot more now. One boy's mom told me that he is mischievious and a trouble maker because all of the attention is focused on his baby sister at home.

Most of my kids are really affectionate and want to give me hugs all the time, but there's one girl who is pretty reserved and just kind of sits back and watches everything. Today, right before she left, she came up, hugged my leg and said, "Teacher, I love you so so much." Though I hear it from all the others many times, it was really special to hear it from her. It's really going to be hard to leave these kids at the end of the year. They are truly special little people.

I'm buying a bike tomorrow. It's used, so hopefully everything goes through as planned. I'll try not to get hit, run over any kids, or fall of the bike like last time ;)

It's a 3 day weekend and I'm going to a Hillsong concert on Monday! :)

No comments: