Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Toilet paper pumpkin

Last night I was out with a few friends eating dinner and planning a retreat for our college group. We'd eaten dinner and were eating ice cream at Baskin Robins. I came right from work, and had to go to the bathroom before we even ate dinner, but we'd already started planning, and I didn't think I could leave. Anyway, by the time we got to Baskin Robins, I had to go really bad, but there was no bathroom. As I sat there, assessing whether I could hold it till I got home, I mentioned it to the others. My friend, JC, said I should just go to the coffee shop next door. I was skeptical, thinking it was rude to use a business' bathroom without even eating at the place... JC said it was fine and offered to go with me. I was trying to "blend in" as I walked to the bathroom. No such luck. It was locked, so JC had to go ask for a key.

He came back from the front counter with not only a key, a rather large one I must say, but also a big pumpkin container of toilet paper ! HAHA! In some bathrooms here you have to get toilet paper on the wall before you go into the stall. Never though, had I been handed a pumpkin basket of toilet paper, by a guy friend. He was embarrassed, so it made it even funnier! I was so flustered, I couldn't get the key to open the door! When I came out, he was still laughing at me, ready to take a picture of me with the key and the pumpkin. Whew, that sure was a bathroom experience! I wonder if other people think it is as funny as I did, when the coffee shop people hand them the big pumpkin of toilet paper?

No comments: