Sunday, June 5, 2011

The outside dangers

Today I have no school! It is super nice out, so I thought I'd spend the day outside. A few times now I've tried to go to the river and lay out in the sun in the grassy park area. Each time I move farther and farther from the bike path because people gather to look at me laying there! Haha! I guess they are just curious as to why someone with such white skin as me, would want to "ruin" it by laying in the sun. So funny! Whenever people stare or spy on me when I'm doing something, at first I used to be really uncomfortable, but now I just smile and wave. I think everything I do makes them laugh... :)

I also went for a really long walk on the river. I didn't realize that there was a marathon today. There weren't signs or anything and the walk wasn't closed, so I ended up going the opposite direction, trying to dodge all the runners! I decided to cheer them on while I was at it! Once again, they laughed. Some of the runners run with balloons tied to their backs. I'm not really sure why. Anyway, one guy ran past me with the balloons and a gust of wind came by right at the same moment and the balloon smacked me right in the face!! Oh man, I laugh all the time here! My life is just funny these days...

No comments: