Monday, May 30, 2011

My First Korean Birthday




























About a week ago I had my birthday in Korea. I was kinda bummed that I wouldn't get to be at home and with family and friends for my birthday, but it turned out to be great! All of my supervisors got me birthday presents (totally unexpected!). The coolest present was a mug with my name in Korean on it!


At lunch, I went into the gym and the whole school sang Happy Birthday to me as a cake was brought out! After school 6 of my co-workers took me out to TGI Friday and bought me another cake! My friend Clara's present to me was taking me to get a pedicure this weekend :) So good! It was a great birthday!


At the end of June, I will have been at the new school just as long as at the old one. It's weird, but I've almost forgotten what life was like at the other school. It's crazy how fast you find a new normal. It's only been 7 months, but so much has happened already! These months have just flown by! Everytime I think back on making the decision to come to Korea, I think, wow, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The good and the seemingly not-so-good have all worked out. I guess that's no a huge suprise though. We are all promised that EVERYTHING works together for good....and I've seen it happen :)

No comments: