Wednesday, March 2, 2011

White Mocha #27

Haha just kidding! Well here I am in a coffee shop again... I found out I won't get internet until next Monday, which shouldn't be a big deal, but 2 1/2 weeks without internet is harder than it should be.

Today on the way to school Clara and I were joking about the move. She said, "Yeah they'll probably spring something on us like, 'Oh by the way you'll have to stay in a hotel for a week,' or 'Actually you're moving on a different day...'" When we went to ask the director specifics about the move today, we were fully expecting something to be wrong. Sure enough, the director said that all of our furniture would be moved on Friday, but not our personal belongings until Saturday at 7AM. Clara and I got a good laugh out of that because that meant we'd be left sleeping on the wood floor with no bed. The director went back and forth, trying to decide what to do. The Korean staff at the new school doesn't have very good English, so the language and cultural barrier with all of the move and new school is driving us nuts. Clara and I try to keep laughing at things to keep from crying (just kidding! Kinda ;)) Everything is super unorganized and so up in the air. No one seems to know what we should be doing or when. I'm finding that most of Korea is like that. Everything is so wishy-washy and I can never get a simple yes or no. Somehow it works for them...they get annoyed at us foreigners asking too many questions! Funny.

This afternoon I went to the big grocery store to get supplies to make brownies for my small group tomorrow. It wasn't till after I walked out of the store that I figured out why the cashier was looking at me funny. I had a chocolate brownie mix, a package of snikers, nutella chocoalte spread, and coco powder. She must have thought I REALLY liked chocolate. I had the same guilty feeling that I get when I eat at a McDonalds here. The people stare at me in McDonalds, thinking "typical American" but I feel like saying, "Hey, you're eating here too!" :)

I keep sneaking boxes from the grocery store. I think they're really to box up your groceries to put in a car, but each time I walk out I take a couple for the move. They haven't come running after me yet...

No comments: