Saturday, March 19, 2011

A better week

Well, I haven't blogged in about a week...I guess I just haven't had much to write about. Quite a few people have asked if I was affected at all by the Japan Disaster. I haven't been affected at all. It's strange that California feels the effects but South Korea, which is relatively so close, doesn't. I'm not sure why it works that way. I've been keeping updated through American news and Japan is going through so much! It's hard to believe what a huge impact a natural disaster can have!

This week at school was a lot better. Last week was pretty bad, but it's slowly getting better. My students are starting to learn more of what I expect from them, which makes it's so much easier. We are still working on raising your hand AND being quiet. When I ask them to be quiet, their justification is, "But I'm raising my hand!" Patience is a hard lesson to teach...shoot, I'm still learning it myself!

I didn't do much this weekend. I have a cold and and have lost my voice, so I am just trying to get over it. A few of my co-workers had a "house" warming party for Clara and I last night. That was really nice of them :)

No comments: