Sunday, March 13, 2011

The time a policeman blew his whistle at me

Yesterday I met two of my new co-workers at a subway station to go hiking. They were meeting me near my Korean class so that I could come after. So, I was in a hurry, looking around and obviously not paying attention. I came to a little driveway. Most driveway type roads you can just look both ways and cross. I didn't notice the red stoplight telling me not to walk. There were two policemen guarding whatever this driveway was. Well, it turns out it was the American military base! I just bounded right on walking, looking for the place to meet my friends. As I got half way across this driveway, the two gaurds blew their whistle at me! AHAHA. I must have had a look of shock and embarrassment, because they just laughed and laughed, thinking it was the funniest thing I just completely ignored the stoplight. Maybe this happens a lot and that's why they put the guards there! :) I guess that's the first time a policeman has ever blown a whistle at me!

We climed Yongsan, which is a small mountian that has the Seoul Tower on the top. It's like a Sears tower, or Seattle Space Needle type tower that you can look out over the whole city. There was some sort of traditional Korean show going on at the top. It was cool to hear the music and see the actors in traditional clothes. We paid to go to the top of the tower.

Well, I sat on my sunglasses. Yesterday I looked, and looked, and looked for more sunglasses but couldn't find any anywhere! I was getting frustrated. I'd even asked the worker at every store and they said they didn't have any. Koreans don't wear sunglasses. I can't remember if I blogged about this before, but it's a little rude to wear sunglasses here. Oh well, I hate squinting, so I will keep searching. There has to be some somewhere!

By the end of the week, school was going a little bit better. Half way through the week I was really discouraged...but I think little by little it's getting better- or maybe I'm just getting used to it :) Either way, by Friday I felt better. I am just so mentally tired... All this change is really doing a number on me (Beth that phrase is for you!)

Beth bought her plane ticket! Now there will be two S(e)oul Sisters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some girls like to be whstled at.

Sara Andrews said...

Hah! Who wrote that?

Anonymous said...

Hey! We were totally at Seoul Tower! So cool!