Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Minor Differences

Today in one of our textbooks (which I might add are really American textbooks, which doesn't make much sense when it keeps asking the students which state in America they live in) there was a story about a Woodpecker. After the story, I asked the students if they'd ever heard a Woodpecker before. Of course they didn't know what a Woodpecker was, so I demonstrated it for them. I know, you can only imagine! I told them that my house in America is somewhat in nature and sometimes we can hear Woodpeckers in the back yard. One of my students said, "Oh! I know! I can hear this sound out my window." Skeptical, since she lives in the city, I said, "Really?" She replied back, "Yeah, the same sound from a.....a.....I don't know." She then proceeded to demonstrate the sound of a jack-hammer breaking up concrete! You know, woodpecker, jackhammer, almost the same right!? Oh boy, city life is a whole different world! That was my belly laugh of the day. If only the students knew they were so funny! Usually I'm the only one laughing!

No comments: