Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Different ways to use Electronic Dictionaries

There are only two girls in my afternoon 2nd grade class. Maybe I shouldn't be writing this, but I think I should share a smile with you today :) You would assume 9 year old BOYS would talk about poop...but my two GIRLS have become obsessed with this particular English word! I'm not exaggerating, everyday they make some mention of it. Today, as they were supposed to be copying something on the board, one of the girls started typing something in her electronic dictionary. This is kind of usual if they don't know a word. In the middle of me explaining a new word, all of the sudden this electronic dictionary says the word poop! The girls just giggled and giggled! They wouldn't get serious for at least 5 minutes after that! So funny...and weird. Girls, girls...






This past weekend was our Kindergarten Festival. This was no ordinary kids recital! This is a BIG deal around here. We practiced for 2 whole months for this performance. My kids did a song and dance to "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," and we did the musical of Jungle Book. I was so amazed that these kids could memorize so many lines and songs. Their whole performance was about 45 minutes long! Here's a couple pictures from our performance.


Well, January and February have come and gone... So crazy that I've been here 4 months already! Wow, these months are going so fast! I start at the new school on Monday. I'm sad to leave my school. I'm trying to have a good attitude about the new school. I'm sure it will be great. Hopefully even better than this one! I won't move into the new apartment for another week yet. I went to visit the new school two times last week and it was really nice. The school building is much newer and more modern than my school now. I'm not sure who my class will be yet... I'm learning to be really flexible! It's good for me!

No comments: