Sunday, April 28, 2013

I'm engaged!!

My dream came true yesterday!  Josh Andrews asked me to marry him!!!

He is a co-leader for our young adult group at church.   The group's name is Engage.  Because we had met through this group, he wanted them to be involved in the engagement.  Soooo, he planned an event based on the show Amazing Race, except called it The Engaging Race (yes, I completely missed the pun!) 

All week he had been working on the event stuff and frankly I was frustrated because we weren't getting a whole lot of time together.  Thinking back on it, I was kind of a pain, hah!  It turns out all the planning and time was for me!  Boy did I feel bad!

So, all five cars started off the road rally, matching group t-shirts and all.  We found clues that led us to our next destinations, all of which happened to be dates Josh has taken me on.  Once again I was clueless, even though all of the other cars had figured out what was going on!

The last clue led us back to the church, to find these puzzle pieces and fit them onto this huge board.  After the points had all been tallied up, they flipped the board over and on the other side were pictures of him and I and a poem he had written for me!  The last line asked me to marry him!

Unfortunately, I am a slow reader and was only half way through the poem when everyone else started gasping!  I didn't even finish reading it (the part that asked me to marry him!) and in shock looked over and there he was on his knee!  He'd faked it a couple times before as a joke, but this time there was a ring!!

The ring is beautiful, simple and elegant, exactly what I wanted.  He did such an awesome job planning all this and I truly had no clue!  I am so lucky to be engaged to someone who is so thoughtful.  Ahhhhhh, so exciting!  He is perfect for me and I've never been more excited! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!
What a cute idea—good job Josh!
I'm so excited for you—marriage is great and you are going to be a wonderful wife!
Congrats!

Jennifer Kim said...

HAHAHA i think it's funny how you were clueless the whole time, but maybe that makes the surprise that much more surprising :) congratulations sara! i enjoy reading your blog! i have many entries to catch up on.