Sunday, January 13, 2013

Living in the moment



It's that time of year again.  I hate New Year's Resolutions, mostly because everyone always makes them and then no one ever keeps them!  I don't think I've ever made an official New Year's Resolution.  Though I don't want to label it a resolution, I guess I do have a goal for this year.  My goal is to strive to live in the moment.  So often I get so focused on the future.  I think about next school year.  I think about next summer and how I'm planning to take classes.  I think about next month.  I think about my life in 10 years!

Not that those are bad things to think about, but I am missing life!  Well, not really missing it, but not enjoying it as much as I could be.  I am learning that sometimes a plan only keeps my eyes on the end goal and misses the enjoyment inbetween.  So, my "New Year's Resolution" is to stop. think. and enjoy.

No comments: