Sunday, January 1, 2012

A seat partner can make or break a 14 hour plane ride

Well I sure got a doozy of a seat partner on the way back! First of all, my seat partner was late to get on the plane. All of the overhead compartments were full. She was SUPER upset because there was no room for her (very large) carry-on over our seat. She didn't speak any English, so she began to yell at me in Korean because my bag (which wasn't even my bag anyway) was in her way! The flight attendants rushed over when they heard her yelling, "HEY! HEY!" to try to solve the problem. They told her she would have to put it somewhere else. She pushed me out of the way (literally pushed) and marched over to some other seat to put her bag there.

The whole way, she hummed (very loudly). The whole way! I thought about shushing her, but that probably would have caused trouble. I felt like my parents probably used to when we went on trips in the car and I would sing. They said something like, "Sara, lets take a nap now..." haha! Sadly this old woman wasn't tired. Then she would look at me every half hour or so and bust out laughing. The scary cackling kind of laugh that creeped me out!

If I was watching a movie, she would lean over, practically in my chair to watch my movie. She did this to the girl on the other side of her too. Me and the other girl were so amazed at this lady's behavior, we started to giggle each time we looked at each other in sympathy.

This one takes the cake. During a meal time, she decided not to put down her tray table and put her trash on mine! I didn't know what to do! Surely she wouldn't leave it there! Yes. So, I gently reached over her and pulled down her tray for her and moved her trash to her table.

Oh boy...long ride! But I'm back now and headed to school. I think I'll go to bed really early tonight! I'll write more about my time in the USA later, after I have time to process it all :)

No comments: