Monday, January 16, 2012

Job ideas?

I now have a job in writing! My first published artcile is on the Speaking Globally website, http://blog.gale.com/speakingglobally/. If you're interested, you can check it out. I'm able to write about any cultural or political events in Korea. It's nice to have some freedom to make it more personal. It's been really fun writing these articles!

I've been thinking more and more about jobs in the writing field. My dream would be to be a social justice journalist. I want to write about big topics that make a difference. Human rights, refugees, human trafficking...etc. These jobs seem to be a little bit few and far between. Anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

Mallary said...

Great blog post about the nursing home. And the writing opportunity sounds great! Are you still planning to be in Korea for awhile? And you mentioned something about Thailand. . .?

Sara Andrews said...

Hi Mallary! I'm actually leaving Korea in six weeks! I will just go to Thailand for 1 week to stay at an orphanage and then head home. How are you guys doing? Happy Chinese New Year!