Monday, July 11, 2011

I've become a regular











































The other day on my walk to school, I saw three other white people! My first thought was, "what's going on!?" Because there are not many foreigners in my area, the storekeepers tend to recognize me. I've becoming a regular at quite a few places in my neighborhood. The first is the coffee shop around the corner from my school. When I walk in, she says, "Hi Sara! Hot white choco mocha?" Yes I always get the same thing. The next place is the flower shop on my block. She knows that I always want one yellow rose for my apartment. The last regular place is the Paris Baguette Cafe. It is embarrassing when I walked up to the counter and the girl (who always seems to be working no matter what day or time) always says hi to me. She knows limited English, but you'd think she was my best friend! I think she just wants to practice her English! Whenever I order something different, she says, "No fruit beengsoo today?" It's a summer fruit, icy, ice cream thing that I must say is delicious! I find myself hoping it will be a different cashier, because they always laugh at me when they see me coming!

No comments: