Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Our Christmas Gift, Charlotte

Well, I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd last written!  We now have a new addition to our family, Charlotte Grace Andrews.  She is two weeks old today!  She was born November 29, 2017 and was 8 pounds 5 oz. and 21 inches long.  She entered the world through a c-section because she was breech.  I was very nervous about the operation, but I'm almost all healed now and can do almost everything now like pick up Amelia, walk up and down stairs, vacuum, etc.  Thankfully, Josh took two weeks off of work to help me since I was unable to do very much.  He was an awesome help.

This is Josh getting ready to go into the operation room to watch our baby be born!!

Our first family picture :)
Charlotte (who we sometimes call Charlee), is such a sweet baby!  I know it's probably to early to tell, but it seems like she is so dainty, gentle and has such a quiet spirit.  She's adjusting well to our family and the world.

Amelia has been doing pretty well with the change.  She cried at first.  I don't think she really understood but she knew something was different.
She is learning to love her new sister.  She's been practicing feeding her doll a bottle and sometimes we let her help feed Charlee.  She gives her hugs and kisses and tells her "Hi!" and says, "Where'd she go?" when I take Charlee to change her diaper.


Amelia is not real fond of holding her yet :/


We are so thankful to God to have a healthy baby.  We definitely wouldn't have thought last Christmas (when we had a 3 month old) that we'd have a newborn again this Christmas!  God knew the exact time in history that she would be born, even though she was a bit of a surprise to the rest of us.  She was no surprise to God.  He created and formed her perfectly in my body.  It's so amazing how something that big, with fully formed fingers, toes, nails, and facial features was inside me just two weeks ago.  Simply amazing.  

Another reason we know that Charlotte is special is because she was breech.  In the olden days, they would have tried to turn her and give birth naturally, but often either the baby, mother or both would die during the process.  God made sure she was born healthy through an operation.  He has big plans for her and I can wait to get to know her gifts and talents and personality.  Josh and I are so incredibly blessed with two great girls.  This will be the Merriest Christmas yet!

No comments: