Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Getting Close

I was at a conference yesterday afternoon and my mind wandered.  I thought about the beginning of this school year...

In the beginning, I was shocked.  I had no idea what I had gotten myself into!  My class was academically low, many behavior problems, I didn't have many resources, and I had to jump in the day before school started with no plans.  Chaotic is not even the word!

Not a lot has physically changed, but my attitude has!  I have learned so much through prayer, other teachers, and trial and error :)  Even though there are still a ton of behavior problems, I view it a different way now.  I have become so much more patient, consistent, intentional and my days rely on prayer. 

Though it's been a really tough year, I have learned so much and become better for it!  I do really love those kids!

Four more weeks!!

No comments: