Monday, December 12, 2011

Bad news

I found out last night that my aunt had a heart attack last night! This was a big surprise because she is just my parents age! It's strange being here when I get bad news about family members. I feel like I'm so far removed and there is nothing I can do. Thankfully my family is good about keeping me in the loop, so I feel somewhat connected.

My dad drove the 5 hours there this morning, which means 10 hours on the road altogether. My family was already planning to go there this weekend for a Christmas gathering. So my dad will be driving 20 hours! I'm proud of him for going though... Brothers and sisters are very special to all of us.

This Thursday, my small group is coming over to go ice skating and then come to my apartment for snacks and hot chocolate. I'm excited to have them over. I haven't had many people over to my apartment this year. I'm running out of time! :) I put up the Christmas tree (about a month ago haha!) and it will be fun for them to see my Christmas decorations.

No comments: