Friday, August 5, 2011

Reunited

Takin a nap.






A Korean soldier.


One of the fences near North Korea.


And they headed back on the long journey...



All of us exercising on the outdoor equipment. This is my park bench that I sit at almost everyday after lunch in the park.


































































































They visited my school!







Gettin into the baseball game cheers. The crowd is so into it, I couldn't help but join them! My dad is trying not to laugh at me. :)











































At a palace.

















Fixing dinner for them.













Busy street by the theater that we went to.











Note that they are both using chopsticks!






















All that you can see is North Korea.


Who would have ever thought that I would be saying that my mom and dad spent the past week in Korea!? It was so good to see them. It's strange how it had been almost 8 months since I'd seen them, yet it seemed like nothing had changed. :) They did surprisingly well in Korea! I thought they would be jet-lagged and not like the culture, but they found everything very interesting. I got to do some things this week that I'd never done before too! One of my favorite things was a trip to the DMZ, which is the demilitarized zone between both North and South Korea. It was so interesting! I actually could see North Korea from where I was standing. We even got to go into one of the tunnels that North Korea dug to attack the South (don't worry, it is blocked off!) We went on a Bus Tour, to a War Museum, Dr. Fish and to all of my favorite places and restaurants. They were able to see my school.


The weather was pretty hot this week, so we had to bust out the Asian fan a few times :) It rained a lot of the time :( My mom and dad were surprised that the rain just seems to come out of no where! It's true. You never leave the house without an umbrella. I think they were also suprised at how crowded it is here. So many people everywhere!


I think I was most happy about the fact that they can now better understand my life here. Now when I tell them about things or send pictures, they will know what I'm talking about! I'm so glad they got to come and see my life here! At the rate the year is flying by, I'll be home for Christmas right around the corner :)

2 comments:

Gary Mason said...

Hi Sara. I'm so glad your parents got to come visit! Will you be teaching over there this whole next school year? I can't remember how long you plan to be there. I pray God will continue to strengthen and encourage you.
- Gary

Sara Andrews said...

I'm so glad they got to come too! Actually the school years here go from February to February, so I will stay until the end of the school year here :) I'm so honored you keep up with my blog!