Tuesday, August 16, 2011

If you really knew me

This week my journaling lead to me thinking about my upbringing. As I thought about it, I decided that I am the way I am because of my family. Yes I've had other experiences apart from them, but really, I can't even start to pick apart where their influence begins and ends. If you really knew me, you would know my family. Even me being the youngest of three children makes a difference in my personality. I realized this week that sadly, no one here in Korea has known me more than a year. No one here knows my whole life. What if someone asked me about my life, what would I say? I would have to say, come meet my family and spend some time in my small town of Dexter, MI and then you will understand why I am the way I am. It's not even just my immediate family either! It's my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that make me who I am. The older I get, the more I can see how special my ordinary, seemingly boring life has been. I really think I have been blessed to be part of the best family in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is weird huh? I felt that same way in Baltimore. and Cleveland. I guess the good part is they only know what you want them to know.