Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Then what?

I've been thinking a lot about what to do after my time in Korea. I know I'm way ahead of myself, but I feel like I should start thinking now. I think what sparked all these thoughts was a spiritual gifts test that I took in my small group. The test didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was good confirmation and it got me thinking. Our leader asked us what it was that we feel like we were put on the Earth to do. What is it that makes you feel so fulfilled? For me that is mentoring/ counseling teen girls. Obviously there is not a specific spiritual gift of teen girls, but I do feel like it is a gift. I can think of so many girls in my life, in which God used me. These were girls who were popular, closed off to the world, and jaded, yet for some reason, God chose me to break through to them. I've never been in the "popular" crowd, so everytime this happens, I know it is not just a natural gift...It amazes me everytime! For some reason people open up to me when they don't to anyone else. When I am able to help someone in this way, it makes me feel that this is what I was made to do! I absolutely love listening and mentoring/counseling girls. Though I like teaching and love kids, I don't feel 100% fulfilled teaching. I feel like God has a different call on my life. I know I will use my teaching experience in whatever I do, but I feel like I need to be doing a job more in my area of spiritual gifts. I'm not really sure what that is yet... Maybe I will continue to teach while I am working on a masters in counseling. So, I don't really know what's after Korea. I trust that when the time comes, God will provide the perfect job for me. He hasn't failed me yet! P.S. If anyone reading knows of any job that has to do with these things, let me know :) I'm trying to asking everyone I know to help me brainstorm. -Teaching (maybe not the traditional "teacher") -Counseling -Music -Languages -Working with Refugees or disaster relief Yes, I realize that is a broad spectrum of interests, but I really think the job is out there, I just don't know where to look!

No comments: