Saturday, April 23, 2011

How much are training wheels?

Maybe my first trip on the bike shouldn't have been to the grocery store. Whoever made the old saying, "it's just like riding a bike" did not meet me. Let's just say I haven't really ridden a bike since I was about 12 years old. After I got all my groceries in my recyclable bag, I realized they would not fit into my handy dandy basket. No problem, I would just do a bit of rearranging to fit everything inside. Well, the problem was, my bike was still locked to the pole. As I tried to maneuver the lock, the heavy things in the basket tipped over the bike, and spilled everything out on the ground. My jar of spaghetti sauce broke on the cement and made a huge mess. I didn't know what to do, so I just rode away....really fast! I probably should have told someone what happened, but no one was around (thankfully!). Problem number two. I am having people over tomorrow for brunch, so I had bought 3 dozen eggs! Yeah...many of them broke while I was fighting with my bike :( Problem number 3. The streets of Seoul are crowded. As I was trying to dodge the people (I have a bell on the bike!) this little 4 or 5 year old on a bike, just about as wobbly as I am, came barreling towards me. We did the swerving thing and almost hit each other! Maybe I better stick to riding on the river...or just get some training wheels.

1 comment:

Katrina (Chocolate Lover) said...

oh how funny! I'm voting for the training wheels myself—sometimes they come with sparkles ;)
Hope you have more successful trips soon!