Sunday, February 25, 2018

My Big Helper

Amelia has become quite a big helper!  She watches my every move (though I don't notice) and she likes to do everything that I do!  We went to Kentucky to visit my Grandmother and Grandaddy at their assisted living complex and Amelia went around the place with a napkin wiping everything off and pretending to clean!

The other day I started to vacuum and before I knew it, Amelia was moving all of her toys and doll furniture.  I started to tell her to put it back and then I realized she was trying to help.  She had seen me move all of those things in order to vacuum behind them and so she was getting them out of the way so that I could vacuum.  Then when I finished vacuuming behind each item, she put all the furniture back!

She likes to sit on a little booster seat on the counter while I cook.  She thinks she is helping me cook.  We talk about all the ingredients going into the meal and she watches me prepare it.  Maybe she'll be a chef someday.

When I make a bottle, she wants to be the one to take it and put it in the living room by the rocking chair.  She gets a little upset if I skip this step and do it myself.

She's started feeding Jumanji, our dog.  She goes to get his bowl and then when I open the closet, she gets the cup from his dog food container.  She tells me, "One, two."  Then I scoop up two scoops and she dumps it in his bowl and puts his bowl back in it's spot so he can eat.

Amelia  must have seen me put a pile of clothes down the laundry chute.  One day while I was cleaning the bathroom, Amelia came in with a big armful of clothes.  She opened the door to the laundry chute and tossed each item down.  She said, "Bye, shirt."  Haha!  How did she even know where the dirty clothes pile was!?  She surprises me with something new that she's learned everyday!

Today she opened up one of her books and said, "Let's see..."  Sure enough that's something that I say without even thinking about it.

She loves Charlotte.  Everyday when she wakes up, she asks where Charlee is.  She walks into her room and says, "Hi Charlee!"  Every time that Amelia looks at Charlee, Charlee smiles so big.  Though Charlee's things that she's learning aren't as visible as Amelia's yet, I think she's learrning just as much.  She is learning to coo, to focus her eyes, to see colors, to lift her head and to sleep through the night ;)

They sure are fun these days!

No comments: