Monday, November 12, 2012

Raking Tomatoes

On Saturday my church sent out 500 people to do service projects around the community!  My group raked leaves.  We raked and raked at three different houses, then we were sent to clear out a garden!  There were rotten tomatoes everywhere and all of our shoes are now a light pink, haha.  The garden, which turned out to be more of a compost pile was raked up into leaf bags.  I have never actually used leaf bags before!  At my house growing up we just burned the leaves!  We had a lot of fun and then went to a pizza buffet afterward.

I have been so tired lately.  I think last week (kind of a rough one) caught up with me this weekend.  A few stressful situations are going on at school  and one of my student's house burned down!  I'm finding that I'm a perfectionist :(  Even though I know I am doing my very best, it drives me nuts when someone isn't pleased with me.  I just dwell on it when I need to move on.

We are learning about thanksgiving.  The students find Christopher Columbus pretty fascinating!  When the student's house burned down we talked a lot about what we are thankful for.  It was a good reminder to myself!  I'm teaching to myself too :)

No comments: