Monday, September 3, 2012

It's been a long time since I was actually excited about going back to school!

It was a rough summer! From the time I got home in March, I have been searching for jobs all over the Midwest almost 8 hours a day! The market is so stiff that it's incredible that I even had some interviews. One job that I interviewed for, I was one of 900 applicants! That's practically every eligible teacher in Michigan! All 900 applicants applying for 1 job. The interviews started in June. I wasn't too nervous in June or July, knowing I still had quite a bit of time.

 I got increasingly frustrated the more rejections I got! I knew I was doing well in the interviews because I was getting call-backs and good feedback. I started to feel like God was playing a trick on me after I got the 11th district rejection! I suppose God was just trying to show me that I couldn't get a job on my own, but only when I trusted that He would give me favor at the right interview. You'd think He could have gotten that point across to me in the first 5 interviews! Haha, nooooo.

 On Thursday, two days before school started, I had no more interviews and no more leads. I pretty much decided that I would have to substitute the whole school year until next spring's hiring season. Friday morning, the day before school starts, I was offered a job! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I guess God was just trying to prove His point! :) He certainly gets the glory on this one!

 I was able to get into the room this weekend and after a day and a half of preparation, I'm ready to start on Tuesday! Why did He make me go through 5 months of disappointments? I have no idea. I do know that He was preparing me for this job. He prompted all the other 11 schools to say no, so that I would be available when this school said yes! God wanted me to have the absolute best building, best salary and hopefully best students and staff (I haven't met them yet).

 On the way home from signing the contract, I read a marquee that said, "I heard you and I'm working on it. -God" I just laughed! Perfect timing.

 And the adventure begins!

3 comments:

Mallary said...

I love this, Sara! Those are some lucky students. I am sure you will be a wonderful, caring, and loving reflection of Christ to them.

Tasha said...

Sara, I'm SO happy for you! I just got a job at Yongsan International School and I know God gave me the job and He orchestrated everything! :) He is GOOD and He has a GOOD plan for us! I miss you! Let's pray for each other as we enter into this new school year! Love ya lots! xo Tasha

Joshua said...

"Why did He make me go through 5 months of disappointments? I have no idea. I do know that He was preparing me for this job.

On the way home from signing the contract, I read a marquee that said, "I heard you and I'm working on it. -God" I just laughed! Perfect timing."

I think this is a perfect reminder and picture of what's going on right now. Maybe this is all preparation for another "job". I love how beautifly you write. I am so blessed to have you in my life.