Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Finger Cast

I put out those pencil top erasers the other day in the writing center.  The kids weren't supposed to touch them until further direction.  The other day out at recess, a boy came up and tattled on a girl in my class.  He claimed that she had an eraser in her hand.  After further inspection, I noticed that sure enough, the girl had a bright green eraser in her hand.  As she saw me looking intently at the eraser which was now capping her finger, she said (quite loudly!), "Nuh  uh!!  It's a finger cast!!"  The boy was not buying it.  The boy again told me very seriously that she was carrying an eraser.  She retorted, "No it's not!  It's really a finger cast!  It just looks like an eraser!"   Though I was laughing hysterically inside, of course I kept my composure and we had a nice chat about telling the truth :)  Then I came home and laughed quite hard about that!

No comments: