Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Stingray on my Porch

The other day in my class, we were talking about birds and nests.  One kid said that one day a bird built it's nest in the tree by their front porch.  The next thing ya know, one of the other kids said, "Oh, one time there was a stingray on my front porch!!"   Hahaha, I said, "Are you sure it was a stingray because stingrays live in the ocean."  All he said was, "Ohh....."  Haha, I caught him fibbing ;)  These days we're trying to distinguish the made up stories from real stories.  Ties right into fiction vs. non-fiction!  :)

I am constantly reminded of Danny and his kids when my students complain.  Danny teaches his kids about the verse that says, "Do everything without grumbling or complaining."  I'm tempted to use that verse in the classroom!  Lots of complainers these days when they don't get their way.  I kindly remind that sometimes we have to do things we don't like to do.  They were amazed that even I have to do things I don't like to do.  We can still choose to have a good attitude.  We're still practicing our good attitudes! ;)

No comments: