Thursday, July 25, 2013

    
 
This morning I am overwhelmed by thankfulness.  I was sitting in my chair drinking my coffee, writing in my journal and doing the usual morning routine, when it hit me.  Last year on this day, July 25, I was frantically looking for a job.  I had looked in three states, attended numerous interviews and applied to over 500 jobs!  As the summer waned, I got more and more frustrated.   At one point I thought I'd be moving to Chicago, Perrysburg, Benton Harbor and St. Johns among others. God had other plans. 
 
I am so thankful to have a job in the increasingly hard education economy.  Teachers talk of lay offs, pink slips and years off of work.  But, God placed (which at times felt like He dumped) me at Erving Elementary, right where I was needed.
 
I am so thankful to have found a wonderful church.  The pastor speaks truth (even when it's hard to hear) and does so in love.  I have a small group, young adult group and a sweet group of friends to fellowship with.
 
I am so thankful to be engaged and planning a wedding!  Recently we got the bridesmaid dresses, did our gift registry and have ordered the save-the-date cards.  Things are moving along smoothly. 
 
With all that said, I'm so thankful to God.  He is so patient with me when I mess up.  He extends unusual amounts of grace and peace even when I don't deserve it.  He is so faithful.  I am so thankful.



No comments: